Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm a little late in doing this, however, it's no less heartfelt.  On June 17th my youngest baby girl turned 18.  Yep, this little blonde cutie is now 18.

Now, just so you are not sucked into the cuteness as I was, let me tell you, she is a force to be reckoned with, even when she was this little. Oh. My. Goodness could this little precious angel throw a tantrum!! Not many outside of our home were privy to them usually, however, on the off chance they were they were always shocked at what this cute little ball of fluffiness could do. I always used to say that if anyone ever took one of my kids they would take Melissa cause she was so stinken cute, however, once they got a taste of the tantrum they'd bring her right back!!

She's always been my headstrong girl. Never wanting to follow the group, do the "in" thing, always has been her own unique person. She's never even owned a box, whats the point, she was never going to be IN it anyways. There was a time in her life when she wouldn't leave the house with out a headband in her hair. Mostly normal you'd think right? Nope, not with Melissa, her favorite headband when she was little had this HUGE pink felt flower sticking out the top of it. She ROCKED that thing!!! Drove my mother nuts!!! LOL However, in the grand scheme of things, that was one battle I was not willing to tackle, you want to wear a giant flower on your head, you go girl!!!

Today as an 18 year old that headstrong drive and stubbornness has served her well. She knows what she wants and she goes and gets it. She has direction and a purpose in what she does. She's always been my little artist and probably follows closest in my footsteps that way, however she's taken on the challenge of adding todays technology to her passion for art and is heading in a marketing and graphic design direction. She learns very easily and when it's something she's passionate about it she grabs it with both hands.

She is my daughter of recessive traits, only blonde, only one with hair that curly, blue eyes, left handed, pigeon toed, and she's color blind. She was born to be amazing!! Watch out world, Melissa is on her way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment