Monday, February 1, 2016

God's Glory

Right now there is this completely awesome and amazing thing going on in my community. A young girl was in a bad car accident and the out pouring of love and support for this family is so wildly and unfathomably spectacular it is something that those of us who know and love the Lord sit back and go, ahhh yeah, there's God doing what only God can do.

Facebook is blowing up all over the country, quite possibly the world, with shared up dates on this young lady's progress. People who have never even heard of this family have been praying for her. Fundraisers springing up every where to help cover the immense cost of all of it all, it's just incredible!

As I pray each day for this young girl's continued healing, for miracles to continue happening, for peace, strength and courage for her family, for wisdom and knowledge for the medical staff that is caring for her and for the Joy of the Lord to radiate from the tips of her toes to the top of her head, I find myself almost giddy with excitement. Not for what you'd think though. Not because God is doing more than we could have ever imagined. Not because a community is coming together to support this family. Not because she continues to pass milestone after milestone. All these things are amazing of course, but none of it is what has me just bubbling over with great anticipation.

What has me just bursting at the seams is knowing that through all of this, that there will be people who will come to know and love the Lord. I think of all the people that don't know who Jesus is, or have doubts that He is who He says He is. As I read each update and hear how God has shown up each day, how her family shares of the miracles that God has done, the hope that they have because of Him, I pray for those that read those posts that don't know Jesus. I pray for those that live hurt and broken lives and feel so completely lost and hopeless in them. I pray that through all of this, that they would come to know their Daddy in heaven that wants to love them, who wants to comfort them, and give them hope and joy abounding.

I wish there was a way for us to know how this all unfolds, how many lives have been forever transformed by the love of our Savior because a young girl got in a car accident and the family chose to reach out to the community for prayer. I wish there was a way to trace the fingerprint of God through each and every one of them. If you're one of those people, I want you to know that I pray as fervently for you as I do for her.

Pray Hard.
Pray Often.
Pray Now.

1 comment:

  1. Bridget, I wish we could get to know one another better, on a more personal level....but in my heart I know you already by your blog posts. Thank you for pouring out your heart, always, in every circumstance. You use the gift God bestowed on you so readily...without fear of backlash. I love that. I admire you. Blessings -

    ReplyDelete