Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The News

So I'm married to this amazing guy that I'm crazy head over heels in love with. He's a pretty big deal in my life. So his happiness is of course something near and dear to my heart.

He's been wanting a change for a while, to get away from stress that's been heavy on him for several years, as well as just some just general discontentment. So we've been praying.

We've been praying for about the last 5 years or more for God to release him from his job. He's been looking for new jobs in the same field with similar pay or opportunity to move up and eventually return to similar pay. Much to our great dismay, God never gave him the go ahead, never opened any doors for him, and so he stayed. He stayed trying to see what God had for him to do in this place and each day trying his best to work for the glory of God.

The last 6 months or so have been particularly difficult for him to navigate through and we knew something had to give. So one night Jerry said, "I'm going to quit and work at home depot!" Wouldn't you know it, God finally released him from his job of 27 years.

April 2nd will be Jerry's last day at Follett, it's a job he's had our entire married life. What's he on to next you ask? No clue! He's got resumes out, and has some nibbles, but we're just trusting God to do what only He can and get us through this. James reminds us to consider it pure joy when we face trials, and this one is a trial of total and complete trust. I vacillate between excitement for things to come and panic for things to come....or not come. I know there are BIG lessons for myself to learn as we move into a less comfortable lifestyle. and I'm sure Jerry is looking at some lessons before him as well.

So here we go, this is one new big #adventurewithjerry, and it's going to be amazing. He's like a whole new person, or he remembered who he truly is without all the stress, very carefree, lighthearted and playful. I've never been so sure we've done the right thing in all of my life.  I've already lit a creative fire under him and we'll be exploring that avenue together which I'm over the moon excited about.  Plus the honey do list is growing......

I ask for prayers for us, prayers for God's provision, for wisdom as we make decisions regarding our future and for just the right job to come along for Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment