Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Living a life of faith as I do, I always try to look back at things that I've gone through in my life, or the things that have affected my life, especially the difficult things and most always I can see where God has used what I went through in one way or another for His Glory.

Today is a day that most Americans reflect back on the terrible tragedy of 9/11/2001 when terrorists came into our country and changed peoples lives forever. I don't know anyone personally that lost a loved one that horrific day, and my heart goes out to those families whose lives were impacted directly by those attacks. However, being an American whose country was violated I try to see how God has used this for His glory and I see a country that raises their flags prouder than they did before the attacks. Our US Anthem has greater meaning to more people than it did before. Americans who stand in unity for the pride of their country.

On this day 11 years ago, hero's stepped forward in a big way. God used His people to make a difference in peoples lives. Not only do we have a renewed and greater respect for our firefighters and police officers because of the bravery they showed on this day, but also a glimpse into how common every day people come together in a time of crisis. I'm reminded of the passengers on flight 93 that boldly stepped forward and put their lives 2nd and the lives of others first. The story of that flight and the courageous things that took place have forever impacted the lives of others.

I'm sure there are many, many other stories that have been and could be shared by countless other people as to ways that through this horrific tragedy a blessing was brought forth.

Does God cause bad things like this to happen, no, but when they do, He uses them to bring forth His Glory and to show His abounding grace and mercy. You just have to be willing to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment